Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The World's Gospel

We have recently here at North Pointe started a series called "Letters." We are going to be on rotating basis looking at some of Paul's Epistles in the new testament. We have started in Galatians. I think I chose that letter becasue of Paul's frustration with the believers and thier abandoment of the one true Gospel. Man's gospel if you will.

That got me thinking about the current state of affairs in this old world we live in. Many have anandoned the Gospel for something totally different, and yet claim that because they have done these "great" things they are justified in the eyes of God. One couldn't be more wrong in that.

When you look in Galatians 1: 6-7 and you hear Paul say, "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel--not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the Gospel of Christ."

Could you imagine what he would say today!! We are saved through grace not by works. Could you imagine trying to impress God with your dutiful behavior. It is almost laughable when you think about it. I thank Him every day that it's not about me.

Don't be ashamed of the Gospel. Don't be afraid to speak out and declare the truth. So many times I have set and heard folks play down the Gospel for fear of being too aggressive or offensive. NEWS FLASH Jesus in controversial.

I have found in my 32 short years of life that God is pretty good about honoring the faithful. Be faithful believers. Share the truth, be light, and never back down.

Love you all,
Serve Him with gladness
mick

No comments:

Post a Comment