Monday, October 19, 2009

Can You Have Church Anywhere?

I just had a wonderful yet brief discussion with our worship pastor here at North Pointe and he made the statement of having church anywhere. We were basing our talk on the experience we had at the U2 concert last night in Norman (by the way AMAZING!!). They chose an arrangement of Amazing Grace and Where the Streets Have No Name. It was a powerfully spiritual experience. I felt the power of the H.S. while is was setting in Memorial Stadium. That usually only happens when the Sooners score!! LOL

I realized that Bono had just led me to throne room of God while I was standing watching a concert. For lack of a better phrase we had church there for a moment. It was just a confirmation in my heart that God is so huge and he can show up and do whatever he wants in my life whenever he wants to do it. He also doesn't care who He uses to impact me. Whether it be as simple as something sweet that one of my girls do, or what a 50 year old Irish rocker does from a stage in the middle of a football field.

Obviously being connected to a body of believers is important and vital to your spiritual growth. Unfortunately for some that is the end all be all of there spiritual experiences for the week. People fail to realize God moving in and out of time and space. People He isn't contained to your church on Sunday mornings. Believe it or not God is doing things in other places as well.

I don't know those are just some thoughts after a really good concert where for me... God showed up.

mick

No comments:

Post a Comment